Asian arowana and florida gar

jar2x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2013
Philippines
could anyone tell me about their experience with this? been planning for awhile now to get an asian arowana to have something on the top level of the tank (gar usually stay bottom to mid level). could this work? what about size difference or should they be the same size? used the search but found nothing really significant. BTW i want to get a malaysian green arowana if it is at all possible.

I have seen tanks with this kind of setup but not much about experiences so just want to really make sure. thanks.

Wels_Catfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
United States
My florida gar (12") is very passive, it would all depend on the arowana. I would try to keep them generally the same size, maybe have the gar and inch or two longer.What sized tank would you have them in? If its a large tank with plenty of rock and plants for the gar to rest in, you should be ok. I would prefer you answer my other questions be fore you buy it, I wouldn't want any of your fish to be injured.

jar2x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2013
Philippines
thanks for the reply, but i think im giving up on the asian arowana idea.. i just really like my gars and i dont want to risk anything happening to them. they are in a 48X18X18 currently, 2 of them about 10"-12".

any advice re: a mid to top level swimmer for the tank?

forgot to mention i have a 180g ready for when i need to transfer them so i don't think space will be an issue anytime soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store