New Datnoid Juveniles In My Baby Growout

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
I have a small 10 gallon growout for very small juvenile fish before they leave to join the bigger fish. I was wondering if there were any ways to make their color show more.

I am using fine sandy substrate with 1 powerful air pump, I have 1 plant for cover.

csaechao

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2008
Are you talking about them being unstable and very black/dark? That's the mystery of tigers. I usually try to buy the ones that are stable and gold already as they tend to stay stable.

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Mine constantly changes, sometimes whitish with stripes and sometimes dark with stripes.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
It might get better once he's in a bigger tank, mine goes from being stabe with a nice gold, usually when he's cruising around he's stable. But if he sits in a spot for a while he goes pretty dark. Also when he starts messing with my ctenopoma he goes pretty dark

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
It might get better once he's in a bigger tank, mine goes from being stabe with a nice gold, usually when he's cruising around he's stable. But if he sits in a spot for a while he goes pretty dark. Also when he starts messing with my ctenopoma he goes pretty dark

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I found that too with my indos. Most of them that were out and about often throughout the tank seemed to show better colors at times. Many of them that would just sit in the corner and sulk most of the time didn't have much color. For me 1 indo always made me happiest looking at my tank. He was dominant, active and looking great the majority of the time

Andrink

Jardini
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sometimes it becomes real pale, is that a problem?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store