29 stocking

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I'm working on a saltwater tank for my son.i know for sure a clown fish will be in there. can a hippo tang and seahorse be put in there too? I'm a noob when it comes to saltwater

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
No to the hippo tang, your tank will be too small. Seahorses clowns blennys maybe a dwarf eel or a wrasse. Those are all options. Dwarf eels are really cool in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Well I want to keep it nemo themed that's why I wanted the hippo.

Heyguy74

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Jackson, NJ
You could go for a pair of clowns. Plus some other dwarfs as mentioned above. I also agree no to the hippo tang. I'm pretty sure they can get to almost a foot in length

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
If you wanted a nemo theme tank id say you'd need a 75 gallon tank minimum. Maybe you can get some nemo decor?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Well I do have an empty 75. It wasn't in plans to use that tank though. Mel I have all the nemo decor but going that route is kind of lame. I tried it before and didn't like it. I rather see actual fish. Ok so what about a sea horse and clown then

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
Clowns and seahorses are also kind of iffy. Clowns are related to damsels and can be extremely territorial. With such a small tank the seahorse might get bullied or might not get enough food. If youre set on it i would definitely try the false perculas because they tend to be less agressive.

ckcdrummer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
CA
I definitely wouldn't put a seahorse in. IMO they should be left in a tank with seahorses only and they do require pristine water conditions which some find hard to keep up on. If you want a nemo themed tank I would go bigger. 75 gallons at the least.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store