Ceramic Biological Filter Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Anyone know where can I buy these locally cheaper than $18for 5 PCs. Or order online with shipping that doeant cost an arm or leg.
I'm in nyc area.

View attachment 964834

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Casper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles county
Are these regular ceramic rings? You can get ceramic rings at every lfs. They're cheap too.
These actually look like something called "bacteria house" made by using super heated ceramic. They are used in a filtration system for ponds called a "bakki shower." I think the stuff is made in Japan and probably why it is expensive.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
These aren't designed to be used in a sump. Way too expensive to use that way and the shower filter they are intended to be used in wouldn't work in your house. They are for koi ponds. Just use the regular ceramics you can get all over. Better yet use nylon pot scrubbers.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
These things will last you a long time. Buy the real stuff, do not buy cheap fake stuff.
care to explain that little more?? how to tell if it's fake or not??

These aren't designed to be used in a sump. Way too expensive to use that way and the shower filter they are intended to be used in wouldn't work in your house. They are for koi ponds. Just use the regular ceramics you can get all over. Better yet use nylon pot scrubbers.
Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
the main reason i want to use it is to suspend my pothos from the bags of matrix in my sump so the pothos won't be submerged in water. if i use PVCs it's not beneficial to the sump i have so that's why i'm looking for this product.. my thought is why waste the space in the sump when you can use every bit of it...

that's really expensive and they look very different from what i have...thanks..

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
I have had trouble finding the actual real ones also.

I went with marinepure blocks. You can grab a couple blocks and cut them fairly easy.

I have 2 8x4" blocks in my sump chamber sits under my return pumps.

Let me know if you find any. I was thinking of using them to hold up my filter tray on the bottom of my sump on my 720. The blocks are not high enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store