Silver Arowana

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I purchased 2 silver arowana. One is only 3 inches long. At first I could not get him to eat the high protein pellets he was on in the pet store I purchased him from. I let it go for a couple days thinking if he gets hungry enough he will eat the floating pellets. No luck. I did a bunch of research online to find out that a good old standby was crickets. So I purchased a few small crickets and whamo this fish loves them. Okay so I am not totally panicking anymore my baby is eating. My fear now is that I will have a hard time getting him back on pellets. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

JOSCAR05

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2011
California
I'm stuffing pellet sticks into raw shrimp in hopes of him getting used to the taste of pellets. He eats the shrimp up with the pellets well. But wen it comes to just pellets...he spits em out

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Shielded waited longer than a couple days. He prolly wasn't eating because he was adjusting to his new tank. Not because he was being hard headed.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Thank you all for your help. Both my arowanas are eating pellets now. Although I my most recent arowana in quarantine until last night put the two together and my small arowana (who's home I put the large one in) tore up my larger arowana. Needless to say I am surprised at my little arowana. Way to defend your territory.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store