My Dads Hanukkah Gift

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
My dads horn shark died about a month ago. Since the shark died my dad and been talking about getting a new shark but hasn't yet. I was at the fish place and I saw this marbled shark and thought it will be a great gift to him. I will be at his house on thanksgiving and that is when I will bring the shark to him. Until then I will concider him mine.

His home until Thanksgiving. I am organizing my cords and equipment now. I know it's a mess.

[video=youtube;qOaRalEDEjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOaRalEDEjY[/video]

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
[video=youtube;LUDuBZ57TAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDuBZ57TAQ[/video]

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Nice - do you know how the other one died ? Make sure it's nothing that needs to be changed before the new one gets put in.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Nice - do you know how the other one died ? Make sure it's nothing that needs to be changed before the new one gets put in.
I am not sure but the shark has always been a little off crashing into walls never noticing food. He only had the shark for a few months. Somebody dropped it off at the petshop whos tank was to small. I could only imagine what that means. The other shark and 3 eels are doing great, growing and eating.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nice looking little guy,sorry to hear about the horn...they are my favorite sharks to keep.What's the other shark that you mentioned?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Thanks for you comments. The other shark in my dads system is a brown banded. Yellowr I am not the best son, I decided I am going to keep the shark. I spent yesterday morning starting to build her a new enclosure and ordered a bead filter online. I will hopefully finish building the pond today and get it filled. Once it is filled there will be no moving it. The pond will be a nice surprise for my girlfriend when she gets back from her parents place tomorow. This will most likely be the last time she trusts me home alone. For now it is 5ft x5ft and 2ft deep. The wall its going against has to be at least 20ft so that will give me some room to go longer in the future. This is my first time building anything like this so I wanted to keep it smaller.

Where the pond is going.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store