Is this a good mix?

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
The tank they will be in will be 8x4x3 with high flow and probably a sump but maybe multiple canisters.

So far i want these to keep in there

Leiarius pictus/tigrinus
Vittatus African tiger
Leopoldi or pearl stingray (most likely the Leo)
Fire eel
They are the fish on my dream list so I really hope they are ok?

I am also considering, if there is room?

Giraffe/niger cat (siding towards giraffe)
Clown loaches
Angel fish ( the other half likes them...)
Large bichir- endli or Nile
Large pleco

Like I said if I could only have some of the. 2nd list it's a bonus, I will be really happy just keeping the 1st list, I can't see any problems with them but what do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Right off the bat, I have to mention that I've heard plecos and Rays are not a good combo. But I've never tried it.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Right off the bat, I have to mention that I've heard plecos and Rays are not a good combo. But I've never tried it.
Ok thanks, is it because of them eating the slime coat? Like I said it's more important that the ATF,Ray, Catfish and eel get on, the rest are just fish that I like and think could work... But I would be more than happy keeping them 4 if I had to :)

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Nobody? The only real thing I'm worried about is the ATF but I have seen a lot of people keep them in large comm tanks

And I don't want to over stock? The plec is off the list now and any other advice is appreciated :)

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Nobody? The only real thing I'm worried about is the ATF but I have seen a lot of people keep them in large comm tanks

And I don't want to over stock? The plec is off the list now and any other advice is appreciated :)

Tigirnus, ATF, ray should be ok. Although the bottom may be a bit cramped at full grown. The fire Eel i dont really know. I think the catfish may eat it?

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Thanks for the reply. I'm guessing of floor space is likely to be limited then the giraffe/niger is out as well? Or did you mean it will be tight with them as to? I know fire eels get pretty big but not sure how big the tig can/try to eat lol I hope someone else can shed some light on that, I know the L.pictus is more of a scavenger so if I can get my hands on 1 I think it will be ok if I grow the eel out 1st

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
The ATF may try to eat the Angels(I wanted to say this earlier but I wanted to look over ATF info). I'd make sure they would be fully grown before trying to mix them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store