Predators for a 20 gallon

andrewnicol

Feeder Fish
Nov 19, 2013
Scotland
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any highly aggressive predatory fish that would do fine in a 20gallon? Any decent sized aggressive cichlid suitable for this size of tank?

Amphilophus88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2009
Holland
As for a cichlid I'd get a convict.
Otherwise.. snakeheads are legal in Scotland right? you might try a small one like bleheri.

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ
Crenicichla Regani are predatory not overly so and would work in a 20L. Very neat dwarf pike.

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Maybe a couple smaller species of rift lake cichlids, or as someone else stated exodons. Another personal favorite of mine that would be ok in a 20g is a blue acara. They are equivelent temperment wise to a convict, but much more appealing to the eyes imo.. :)

Sent from my LGL55C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tomahawk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2012
Connecticut
Aggressive and predatory are not always linked. The pike is predatory but not so aggressive. The convict is aggressive but not predatory. The exodons are clearly both, but 4 is probably not enough - you will soon be down to one.

Assuming your "predatory" criteria relates to a desire to observe feeding behavior, I'd go for the dwarf pike - great personality, great appearance. But I am partial to cichlids...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store