looking for used tank donations California area

Status
Not open for further replies.

guilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2013
california
im trying to start up a fish breeding service out of my house and i need some donated used or recycled tanks. anything is appreciated and i can pick whatever up. thank you for the help

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Yeah i would love a free 360g tank as well....
BUt thats not gonna happen.

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
I hate the "please donate your free tanks and fish stuff" ads on craigslist. Really? You can't just buy a used one? You need one for free, and even more, you can't search for the free ones on craigslist yourself, you gotta put your hand out and ask? Can you afford fish and the food or do you need that donated too? How about your electric and water bill? If you need stuff donated, you probably shouldn't have fish until you can afford them. Problems arise with tanks and fish where remedies cost money.

And not to sound rude to the person who started this thread, it's more directed at some idiot in my area that spams craigslist with his "donate your tank" ads. I've gotten and given free tanks before. I just wonder how many of these people who NEED a donated tank should have fish. Again, no ill intent toward the guy who started the thread. I'd look into a state aquarium society. Most states have them and they usually meet once a month. Everyone gets together and shares info and then fish, plants and tanks at auction. You can get some crazy deals at these auction or just thru guys you meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store