First Stand Build... Need some ideas/input.

MissMaddylyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
I have to move here shortly, and my house is a wee bit smaller than were I live now, so I ran into a dilemma. I can either put my aquarium in the office with the computers and risk humidity damage to my gaming system (not cool) or build a new stand and have my tank sitting behind my couch. I prefer the couch idea, because then I can still see my tank from my main living area.

My main tank is a 100 gallon. Its 6' long. I need the stand to be fairly tall, around the 30" mark, and I would like doors on the front so I can access my sump as well as maybe have a space for some shelves for other misc supplies. Heres the part Im struggling with. I also have a 33long 48" that I would like to be able to keep above the tank in the future. So looking at a double tank stand more or less. Right now, this top will probably hold all my house plants but for the time being thats fine. So Im thinking a solid canopy, so I have access to lighting/glass tops etc, but with the ability to keep a second tank on top.

Ive never built a stand before, they dont look really difficult, but thought I would see about some input before I just throw something together. Any advice/input/pics would be greatly appreciated!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store