Is it worth it? Need advice.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Theres a 10.5' x 3' x 16" black acrylic tank near me. He said it to keep koi indoors for the winter.

The price is a steal.. So much so i can buy and ruin it :) that leads me to my next question.. Would it be worth it or possible even to cut 1 side off and add a clear veiwing pannel?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I can't speak for that personally I never diy'ed anything with acrylic.

I don't see why height is important with a peacock bass the foot print should be more important. If it were me I'd toss the p bass and go with rays.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
I can't speak for that personally I never diy'ed anything with acrylic.

I don't see why height is important with a peacock bass the foot print should be more important. If it were me I'd toss the p bass and go with rays.

Im pretty convinced. I just need someone to jump in and confirm if the thickness is appropriate. 1/4" seems to small to me.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I think it should be fine for its height you could always reinforce it with some euro style bracing or close off the top and brace it like that if you plan on using it indoors. I recently had a vat that was made of acrylic thinner then that and it was 6'x3'x14"T it did have a 2x2" brace around the top rim. I never set it up but the store I got it from had it setup for like two years as a coral frag grow out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store