My dence headed silver arrow

thecrackenegg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2013
hamburg NY
Ok so I have a 10" silver arrow that won't eat pellets but when I was cleaning a little 5g I put a Molly in a baby net in the arrows tank so he was in a cycled tank for about an hour instead of a bucket and my arrow when nuts biting at the net the whole 9 yards what's the deal with this behavior I'm a first time arrow owner and don't know how to correct this

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Sounds like the aro was trying to eat the molly. Probably a bad idea to put small live fish in a net and dangle it in front of a hungry arowana. The aro was just doing what any predator would do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

boogeyman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2012
Wilmington nc
Yeah def trying to eat the molly anything they can fit in there mouth is considered food to them

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
"help my predatory fish tried eating a smaller fish!!!" :nilly:

Sorry mate, it's what they do, you're not going to be able to correct anything.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
+1 if you don't want to see the nasty side of them don't put anything small enough to fit in their mouth with them

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
If he won't eat pellets yet feed him prawn (shrimp) and muscles for now and keep trying the pellets
Aro's are predatory fish that will eat anything that fits in there mouths a molly wouldn't even touch the sides of a 10" silver

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
You can't correct that behavior it would be like trying to train a wild lion to live happily with a bunch of gazelles it just doesn't work like that sorry man if you want a less aggressive fish I suggest non predatory species
Fish are a natural diet to them pellets aren't that's why. Pellets aren't living or breathing which = no predatory drive it tasked a while to get silvers on pellets however I haven had too much trouble with mine just don't feed him anything else but pellets he won't eat them the first few days so put them in there let them sit in there for a while and take them out if he dosent eat them eventually he will realize that that's all he is getting and he will eat it just takes time at 10 inches he should be ok without eating for 4 or so days

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store