Stocking my 210 (7x2x2)

Dirck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
United States
Just thinking about stocking my tank once I finally have it set up and was wondering if anyone sees any issues with this stock list?

2 Orinoco Eartheaters
3 or 4 Blue Rams
6 Angelfish
1 Black Ghost knife

I don't think there would be any problems, but then again I could be horribly wrong... Any input would be great! :)

Dirck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
United States
I have the black ghost knife now and he's pretty small, maybe 7 inches. So I figure if I get the rest of these guys now they should be fine.

uberthawk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2012
ohio
the rams may become ghost food...i would think twice b4 adding them
they may do fine till the ghost gets big enough to eat them 1 night,also i've keep gold rams in community planttank(90gal) and they r awesome--- and tend to be some what passive
they should b fine w/ angles but the others i wouldn't know

good luck

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Not sure what species "Orinoco earthater" is, but often two eartheaters can spell trouble. You might get lucky and get a pair, or you may end up with two males that fight constantly, or a male that constantly harasses the female. If it were me I'd probably forget the rams and add a group of 5-6 eartheaters (probably avoiding the largest species if possible) and a few catfish. The predatory nature of the BGK will limit your choices, otherwise I'd be suggesting tetras and corydoras too.

Dirck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2013
United States
Appreciate the input, Im having second thoughts about the Rams now and will probably go with more eartheaters unless I can find something similar to the rams but a little bigger. Forgot to add that I'll have a Raphael Catfish in there too.

Edit : Im also planning on having the tank planted.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
You realise yours isn't even half grown yet eh? Their mouths are deceptively large, it is easier to see on larger specimens, and you're right that they are peaceful but they are still predatory [big difference] and will happily eat any fish they can swallow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store