The Life of violet, the jardini.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I got her in mid April at around 3 inches. I got her from a lfs and had to put her in a 10 gal until i could finish getting a 55 gal cycled.

I cant recall how long she stayed in a 10 gal but it was a decent amount of time, she was moved into a 55 after it was 100% cycled.

She was always skittish from day one and refused to get better. She would constantly ram into everything with sudden movements and feeding was a chore as she was a picky eater.

She was constantly skittish but once she hit around 8 inches it was a 180 degree turn in her attitude. She wonders how my fingers taste now haha. She was moved into a 220 and still lives there today. She was moved in about end of September or mid October and was a good 10 inches.

I got the biggest bag i could get from petsmart while i was buying some feeders lol

She did have one mishap though.... She HATES lighting and not seeing me everyday. I was working on a programming product which meant the fish were to be ignored for a couple days to meet a deadline. Within this period of time there was a storm which encased lighting. After the lighting storm she was missing tons and tons of scales... I guess it spooked her after she was already pissed off i was ignoring her.

Added some salt bumped up the temp and turned on a 25 watt uv and started a heavy protein diet.

Within two weeks shes completely healed. I currently dont have any recent pictures but will post when I have some free time.

Hoped you enjoyed this little short story about violet!

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
awesome. I miss my jardini. He got spooked and broke his spine in my 150g at around 8 inches.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
awesome. I miss my jardini. He got spooked and broke his spine in my 150g at around 8 inches.
I'm so sorry to hear.. i noticed they're very skittish when there younger. My jar still gets spooked from time to time with sudden movements ): getting better with size tho!

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Violet looks to be a nice Sc. jardini. I look forward to any pictures of her in her big aquarium.

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Nice story, and nice Jardini. Really enjoyed reading this. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-MS770 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Here are some current pictures. Sorry they kinda suck she will never stay still :3

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Wow. Really quite the mess, losing all of those scales. Has it calmed down since the lightning incident?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Wow. Really quite the mess, losing all of those scales. Has it calmed down since the lightning incident?
Thankfully yes! Still a bit skittish from time to time but nothing too serious.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Thanks! I want to get another jar hopefully a male.. Im guessing my current jar is a female, do you guys think they can coexist? Im not trying to get another 220 in my house so if it doesnt work out he'll have to be re-homed... Any thoughts? She seems pretty lonely lol...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store