Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Uploading pictures from the app-

If you hate having to download pics when browsing through the app and filling up your memory with other people's pictures, then follow this posting process when uploading photos with the MFK app.

Following this will make your photos visible without needing to be downloaded, which makes browsing more enjoyable for everybody.
View attachment 965355

Then select upload from gallery:
View attachment 965354

Choose a file:
View attachment 965353

A prompt appears, select 'this forum':
View attachment 965352

Then select 'small size':
View attachment 965351

Then select "in line" to insert the photo into your post!
View attachment 965350

Done!
View attachment 965349

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Uploading pictures from a PC-

Step one, find the image button-
View attachment 965329

After you click it, a second window will pop up. It will give you the option to upload from computer...
View attachment 965328

...Or upload from URL. If you are going to upload from a URL, make sure that you uncheck the remote retrieval button. This has not been done in the below image. Unchecking this block allows mobile users to view a full quality version of the image. If you do not uncheck that block, mobile users will see a terribly low quality version of the image.
View attachment 965327

To upload from URL, simply copy and paste the web address of the image you wish to use. In order to upload from your computer, first click the button that says Select Files.
View attachment 965326

This will bring up a normal window like you'd see any time you're browsing your computer. Navigate to the place where you keep your pictures and select the pictures you wish to upload.
View attachment 965325

Once you've selected your pictures, they'll appear in the window.
View attachment 965324

When you have all the images you wish to upload, select Upload Files.
View attachment 965322

After you select upload files, there will be progress bars that appear showing you the progress of the file uploading. Once it's done uploading, you'll see attachment codes in your text. These are where the pictures will be in your post.
View attachment 965321

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Posting videos from your phone can be quite troublesome. There is no way to directly embed videos in a manner that allows for easy viewing right in the post in the same manner as when viewed from the desktop site. You can, however, post in such a way as to allow everyone on mobile to be able to view the video in their Youtube app and to allow the members on desktop to view the embedded video.

The first thing you'll need to do is type in an opening bracket for videos.
View attachment 965379

The next thing you'll need to do is type in/paste the address for the video you wish to post.
View attachment 965380

Next, close the brackets.
View attachment 965381

At this point, the video is embedded. Desktop users will be able to see it embedded in the video just fine and mobile users will have a clickable link that will direct them to their video viewing app of choice. See below for an example. Desktop users will see my floating manhole, mobile users will have a clickable link.

[video=youtube_share;DSf8J2HCHW0]http://youtu.be/DSf8J2HCHW0[/video]

1.png

2.png

3.png

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Posting videos on your PC-

First, find the video icon and click it.
View attachment 965362

This will bring up a new window. This window gives you a prompt to post a link to your video.
View attachment 965363

Next, go to Youtube. Click on the SHARE button. Copy the youtu.be address that it gives you.
View attachment 965364

Paste the link that you copied into the window that popped up on MFK.
View attachment 965366

Your video will be placed in your post as code, as pictured below-
View attachment 965369

Your video will appear in the post as pictured below. For your enjoyment is a floating manhole cover.
[video=youtube_share;DSf8J2HCHW0]http://youtu.be/DSf8J2HCHW0[/video]

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Great write up chix!

I would add that when uploading an image via URL, it's best to deselect 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally'.

When left checked by default, what occurs is an imbedded thumbnail of drastically lower quality of the image you are sharing, is displayed. In order to see the high resolution image, users have to click the lower resolution thumbnail to get redirected to the image. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Posted with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
thanks guys. much appreciated

hoping once this is done it gets stickied. then we can point people to it when they ask about posting or if they're doing it wrong

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store