NGT ALL HEALED UP!

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Well with no help from the previous owner I healed up the eyes on my NGT. When I first got this fish in payment as a partial trade I didn't put him in my tank until the owner left. Well when he went in the tank his eyes looked like this and it was probably from bad tank maintenance and water on the owners part. Well all was not lost and with good tank maintenance and proper food this guy is all healed up!! Even his color is better!

When I first got him.

After he was in my tender care!! Total 360!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Good turnaround and glad you were able to save it's eyes.What are you feeding it?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Good turnaround and glad you were able to save it's eyes.What are you feeding it?
Thanks

He is eating frozen shrimp stuffed with massivore. He is also eating frozen seafood mix.(clams,squid,octopus,etc) I can't get him to eat pellets by themselves yet or smelt.

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
Thanks

He is eating frozen shrimp stuffed with massivore. He is also eating frozen seafood mix.(clams,squid,octopus,etc) I can't get him to eat pellets by themselves yet or smelt.
Great variety feed... ;)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What went wrong,did the NGT become aggressive?

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
What went wrong,did the NGT become aggressive?
It wasn't aggressive in the way that it would bite and kill things but it did chase and stress out everything.

Tried it in my 520 gallon and he chased everything and my wide bar silver dollars to the point everyone had it's mouth bashed up from hitting the glass,etc. I tried the NGT in my 450 gallon and he chased my female 30" black arowana to the point that it startled and hit the glass and succumbed to it's injuries the next day. Then it proceeded to chase my 12" RTG arowana to the point it's fins where starting to get damaged and I was scared it was going to try jumping and hit the glass lids so I moved the NGT to the Goonch tank unti it sold. I never had luck with any of my datnoids as they all chased other fish. I still have a big indo I am contemplating on selling as it's doing the same but just not as bad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store