Platinum Jardini

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The price is too good to be true to be legit platinum. Most likely WTT.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
+1 and wouldnt platinums have 0 color? You can see the yellow on its fins

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
This is true and being in a white tank just clears all it all up. If i get my current jar and white out the bottom sides and back, it will create the "platinum look". From my knowledge wtt doesn't do any harm to the fish as long as the light isn't blinding or so bright the fish must harshly adjust everyday from the light being turned on.

Another way of spotting a wtt is to look for transparent places on the fish. This does mean the fish will fade or the color is not "true". Looking at the right of the eye and right below the top fin shows that its a wtt and not a true platinum.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
But look at the eye color.
BLack eyes equal a platinum fish to me....not all cases but in this one.
Where is the seller located? Is pick up available?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
i would advise you to not even think about getting it... I find that its just a normal jar... If he was around 150 i think the risk is worth the reward but at 350 i have second thoughts.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...330006-17-May-2010-quot-Platinum-quot-Jardini

koji has turned a jar into a so called "platinum" but he even states that it will turn into a regular jar when the fish matures.

he has had some true platinums that can be found here
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...19-December-2011-Juvenile-Platinum-Crossbacks

you can possibly pm him to ask what he thinks about it if you really do want the fish but my regular jar has black eyes with a white boarder too..

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
this is either not his pic or he's running some illegal operation. On his aqubid page, the plat jardini has juvi giant snakeheads as tankmates, which are illegal to possess in the US.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
this is either not his pic or he's running some illegal operation. On his aqubid page, the plat jardini has juvi giant snakeheads as tankmates, which are illegal to possess in the US.
LOL nice catch! I didn't even notice the snake heads haha. He states to be in New York so some foul play does seem to be present.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store