Please help!! my arrow can't upright himself

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
he's swimming clumsily and floating something's wrong. any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Sounds like swim bladder disease, I hate to say it but ime by this stage it's usually to late. Try a broad spectrum med ASAP and do a large water change but keep it dark and try not to stress the aro, good luck

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I'm in the uk so don't have many options, if you can get it a briars spectrum antibiotics your best chance, if you can't get it try melafix and aquarium salt (only use the salt if you have no scale less fish in there)

peteagem

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2012
Nj
no marks on the head he looked fine yesterday his appetite hasn't been there for the last few weeks but he has always gone through spouts of refusing food.He is basically floating vertically once in a while will try swim. I could remove him from the tank and put him in a smaller container with the melafix. any other ideas I'd like to exhaust every effort before I give up on my boy.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
no marks on the head he looked fine yesterday his appetite hasn't been there for the last few weeks but he has always gone through spouts of refusing food.He is basically floating vertically once in a while will try swim. I could remove him from the tank and put him in a smaller container with the melafix. any other ideas I'd like to exhaust every effort before I give up on my boy.

I know the feeling :( I wouldn't move him as the stress will likely finish him off, have you tested your water? Is the temp ok? All you can really do is keep it dark and hope he pulls threw

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store