Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Giant Aquarium in south Philly.

richkid

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
Penn's Woods
That's where my Thai silk came from. The display he has in the back is amazing. Koi pond is pretty cool too if you're into carp etc. That place and aquarium center in clementon are the only two places I've been that has anything really exotic. I was wondering if there were any more hidden gems like Giant. Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I used to drive out there every once and a while but it's not worth the waste of gas lately....There is Hidden Reef and Fish Factory in the Levittown area...

richkid

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
Penn's Woods
Been to hidden reef. Never heard of fish factory. Maybe I'll check that one out. Thanks! Not sure if I'll be heading out to Lancaster anytime soon. But if I do I will keep that place in mind also.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hidden Reef used to be in Philly on Roosvelt Blvd. but that location burned down a few years back so they relocated when they reopened...Fish Factory is practically right down the street from their current location.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Someone told me Giant went out of business? I hope not...one of the best LFS on the east coast.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Been a while since I lived in Philly so things have probably changed. I guess World Wide in Upper Darby closed down. What about the Big Al's up near Conshohocken?

Surprisingly, I also found a bunch of cool oddballs at the filthy hole in wall place near 40th and Market.
Yeah,things have changed for the worst here in Philly...WorldWide has gone out of business after the owner sold it to an employee....Big ALs turned into Capt.Nemos after it separated from that chain and has since been bought out by Pets Plus..The little place on 40th street is TradeWinds..It's been there since I was a kid but I don't bother going to that area since parking is a PITA....Giant Aquarium is still open and it's nice and all but I wouldn't give them that title lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store