New 5 gallon pico Reef

rhettdepauw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Iowa City
www.rhettdepauw.com
Hey all, been absent from the site for a while and thought it time I get back in, this time in the marine section.
I have a 5 gallon pico reef up and running for 5 weeks now. Have a few friends that have been reef keepers for years and they finally got me into (and provided me with almost the entire setup)

They brought me cycled water from their tank, live rock, sand, and a whole bunch of frags that are looking quite comfortable in their new home.

Here was the tank the first 2 weeks. Started out with 2 varying star polyp colonies, attached to one of those colonies was a bright red mushroom(more pics below) and a lava lamp mushroom. Also had a few Zoa Colonies (atomic greens, and 2 unidentified) Clove Polyp, 2x superman mushrooms, 1x white mushrrom ETC. You guys could probably tell me what I had better then I could.
pico-reef-1.JPG
pico-reef-2.JPG
pico-reef-3.1.JPG
pico-reef-3.JPG

My Friend came back last weekend with an entire grab bag of frags, Frogspawn, blue hornet and Joker zoas, yellow candy canes, Palys, more unknown zoas, and a green leather.

pico-reef-4.JPG
pico-reef-5.JPG
pico-ref-6.JPG

pico-reef-1.JPG

pico-reef-2.JPG

pico-reef-3.1.JPG

pico-reef-3.JPG

pico-reef-3.JPG

pico-reef-3.JPG

pico-reef-2.JPG

pico-reef-1.JPG

pico-reef-4.JPG

pico-reef-5.JPG

pico-ref-6.JPG

pico-reef-4.JPG

pico-ref-6.JPG

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Nice man! Be careful though, this is gonna make you want a bigger reef. I started with a 2-1/2g pico and as everything grew, I ran outta space but still wanted more corals so I upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
That's be cool. You're lucky that you have friends that are into it. None of mine have saltwater tanks and only a few have freshwater. Your tank looks really good btw for only running for 5 weeks. You gonna upgrade your lighting eventually and try out sps? I just started getting into them.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store