Pink hue T5 bulbs?

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I've been looking around at T5 bulbs to buy some replacements. I was going to go with two 6,700k bulbs till I found a pink hue bulb. It says that they are good for plants witch is what I want to start getting into. So my question is are the pink bulbs full spectrum and witch will benefit my set up most? Will two 6,700k bulbs be better then one pink and one 6,700k bulb?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
how deep is your tank ? I noticed the pink hue's do not penetrate the water if it is deep. I tried an experiment on my 55. put one side with a pink hued bulb and the other side with a normal bulb . The pink hue side didn't grow as well as the other end .

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
how deep is your tank ? I noticed the pink hue's do not penetrate the water if it is deep. I tried an experiment on my 55. put one side with a pink hued bulb and the other side with a normal bulb . The pink hue side didn't grow as well as the other end .
25". If your talking about a standard 55 then my 90 is about 4" taller.

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
I have a pink hue bulb on my archers tank which is only a little over half full (aprox 10 in) and my plants seem to be doing well.

When it comes to plants, hue doesnt make much of a differece in my opinion. Finding the correct balance between light/nutrients/co2 is more important.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I have a pink hue bulb on my archers tank which is only a little over half full (aprox 10 in) and my plants seem to be doing well.

When it comes to plants, hue doesnt make much of a differece in my opinion. Finding the correct balance between light/nutrients/co2 is more important.

I don't have co2 or give frets and my Anubis is growing great. My val looks like it's getting better now I have a better light

Melbell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2013
Hawaii
Yea, pink bulbs will work especially if you stick to those types of low light plants :)

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Ok. I think I'm going to get a pack of both pink and 6,700k bulbs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store