New to planted tank

MitchFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Hey everyone,

So today I bought a 20 gallon tank to grow out a few small fish until they are big enough to incorporate into a 33 gallon I have, and eventually a 125 after that. I bought the 10 gallon second hand for $10 and it came with everything needed, filter, heater etc. What I wash't expecting was the tank to be filled with live plants. I have always been intrigued by live planted tanks but have never gotten around to trying it in any of my tanks. Now that I have some I would love to incorporate them into my 33 gallon when everything is finished.

As I said, I have never owned plants and know little to nothing about them. I will do some research over the coming days on maintaing a planted tank etc. However, I need some quick answers from you guys regarding how to keep the plants alive at the moment. I am looking to completely empty the tank I bought and clean it before letting it cycle but I am looking to preserve the plants in it for the time being and later move them to the 33 gallon. If it fine for my to simply remove these plants, clean the tank and then put them back or would this kill the plants?

Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Mitch

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store