The best vegetarian pellet/wafers for cichlids and bichirs

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
The title says it all. I don't feel like buying two different plant foods for my jack and bichir, but I will if I must. I'm trying to get some more veggie matter in them, and I may get a sun catfish this weekend.

administrator

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2011
I am not sure what the best is but my cichlids and catfish like Omega One Veggie Rounds.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I would simply feed NLS to both of them and be done with it.

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I bought the veg.wafer made for plecos, but my cichlids eat them, from vendor here:yourfishstuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
I would simply feed NLS to both of them and be done with it.
is it really that much better

I bought the veg.wafer made for plecos, but my cichlids eat them, from vendor here:yourfishstuff

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
How big are your cichlids

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
is it really that much better
Yes, if you want a complete pellet food with veges and enough protein for your bichir then IMO it would be the one to feed.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
bichirs don't exactly need a staple diet of vegetation. I occasionally feed by bichirs some Hikiri algae wafers which they don'y really like.

Aweshade9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
Yes, if you want a complete pellet food with veges and enough protein for your bichir then IMO it would be the one to feed.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
it isn't going to be a staple diet, I just want to add some veggie matter into their diet
bichirs don't exactly need a staple diet of vegetation. I occasionally feed by bichirs some Hikiri algae wafers which they don'y really like.
I know it isn't a staple diet, it is just they haven't had a single veggie anything since I got them in December/March

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store