75 gallon stocking..

MitchFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Looking for help stocking the rest of my 75 gallon grow out.

I now have in it:

2x Amur Catfish (3.5")
3x silver dollars (3")

For the remainder I am definitely getting 3-4x clown loaches.

Other than that I am looking for 2 or 3 small schools of tetras/barbs, roughly 6-10 in each school and I would like at least 2 of the schools to be colorful to offset the design of my tank, preferably one of them being red. Looking for some suggestions.

Also looking for ideas on 2x other fish I plan to add to the tank as "center pieces". Possibly cichlids? Debating 2x green sevs but I'm open to suggestions here, and they don't have to be the same.

Look forward to hearing some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MitchFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Lemon tetras,black phantom tetras and some angelfish maybe 4

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks,

I do like black phantoms and believe they will be one of my choices. I don't mind lemons but I'm curious what other schools might be nice. I am able to get a good deal on a school of odessa barbs. Anyone have a reason these wouldn't work? As for angels. I don't think they will work with the Amurs. My LFS that brought them in put 10 of them around 3.5" in a tank with 12 angel fish and in the first night 2 of the angels were killed and a third was torn up.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
You could try firemouths. The issue is most cichlids will readily eat tetras and small schooling fish.

Sent from my VS840 4G

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Bichirs on bottom, Odoe Pike on top, frontosa in the middle. I've been sort wanting to turn my build into a biotope but meh. I like my pbass, bichir, wolf mix

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
How about a red wolf, some bichirs, a hujeta gar (not true gars), gold nugget pleco, and a jack dempsey? Imo that would be pretty sweet

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store