[POTHOS!] I have questions about it...

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
So I went to Home Depot and bought a small plant of pothos for $3. I bring it all they way home and then decide to read the care tag thing that is stuck in the soil. The label said don't allow to stand in water which means soil only I think . I've planned on sticking some in my aquaclear 110 HOBs along with all the other media but this goes against the label can I let it sit in the water Like how I have explained or is it a soil only plant I've heard lots about it here so I don't see a problem mabye you guys can enlighten me on how to set it up

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mcsnapper1

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
Nor Cal
I have had great success with my pothos in a HOB. I took all of the filtering media out and put aquarium gravel on the bottom of the filter, put the plant in, then a little more gravel on top of the roots. Just make sure if your HOB has the impeller in the housing, you don't get gravel in it. It's best to use a HOB that has the pump down in the tank on the pickup tube rather than in the housing. My pothos grow like wild fire. I have to trim them back all the time so they don't take over the room.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
Just make sure the leaves wont be in the water, the roots on the other hand can tolerate the water. And make sure that before you put it in the tank it's soil free.

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Do I rinse the roots in tap water then ??
Sorry I'm a pothos newb

I'm a newb too. F1VET's thread gave me a lot of help and insight.

I took mine outside and knocked as much soil off as I could, then sprayed them with the hose to wash off the rest.

These plants love having the roots submerged in water. Especially aquarium water.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
The thread is at the top of the DIY Filters forum, you can't miss it!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store