Colombian Blue Eyed Pleco and stingrays.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Has anyone tried stingrays with the Colombian Blue Eyed Pleco? I know my watermelon plecos where okay but they kept plugging up the filter socks with their wood chewing. Anybody out there try this combo? The plecos are already big so stingrays will leave them be but will the plecos? Being wood eaters I am thinking they will leave the rays alone but one never knows.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
That last sentence sums it up. One never knows. The pleco could leave the ray alone or it can cause some serious damage to it's slime coat overnight. Not something I would try if I had expensive rays. Not to mention the huge bio load that pleco would add.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If you are talking about a high priced blue eyed panache then I wouldn't put it with rays they are very aggressive

I tried to keep one with rays years and years ago when they was cheap £25 they are super territorial and will attack anything that comes near the bit of wood they have claimed

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
So far my blue eyed pleco it very territorial with the ray. He will swoop down from his drift wood like a bird to scare the motoro away lol the pleco is a good 13 inches and the ray is 10 inches across.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store