Anyone have the new Finnex Fugeray Planted + LED?

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Still debating between the new Finnex light that just came out (link below) or continuing to wait for Current to finally release their new planted tank light through their sister company Ecoxotic. I haven't seen par data for tall tanks. There are also some interesting timers coming out soon, which will hopefully deliver on promises for sunrise-day-sunset-moon phases.

http://www.finnex.net/index.php/pro...es/finnex-fugeray-planted-led-fixture-48.html

I'm getting a 48in to add to my existing Current USA Satellite +, which is not enough light for growth in my 28 in tall 110g SA cichlid tank.

Anyone waiting for these too? Or have one already?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wrslrcichlid

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2011
Battle Creek, MI
Well, I just ordered three of the 48" current LED+ lights, one for each of my tanks. Also I agree, based on the pictures/videos I have seen I doubt it will be enough light to grow plants unless they are extremely low light or there is a large amount of ambient light.

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Agreed, even with ferts, root tabs and 12 Hrs on yellow setting, its just enough for my willows, giant hygro, wendtii and anubias to have very minimal growth. However, I knew this when I bought the sat+ with the expectation of new planted tank lights and par data to be available imminently. Seems like I'm waiting forever for and its been 5 months. Even though its not enough light, its a great fixture with a ton of interactive features. Also makes the colors of all my SA cichlids really pop.

I've read "yellow" is supposed to be best for plants. What lighting cycle will you use? I use sunrise/sunset>yellow<sunrise/sunset<moonlight. The features I don't use are the storm effects. I'm guessing flashes of lightning would freak out my fish. My four year old (and I) enjoy making the lights soft shades of red, orange, green and purple as night lights. The cloud functions are interesting as well.

I have expectations that the new current or finnex planted + lights will finally help my plants flourish. Hope par data and feedback will be out soon .....

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
Those LEDs won't be bright enough for that tall of a tank. Wattage isn't there.
Even at 3 watts per LED. 28 inches is a pretty tall tank to keep plants in with that light.
I've got a planted 150 with LEDS and they're at 3 watts each. 2 fixtures are perfect.
Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
I absolutely agree ^ my tall tank definitely needs 2 lights. What lights do you use? Hi/low tech? Pics please :)

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
The name on the fixture was Green Element. 48 in. Made for plants. 3 watts per bulb. 96watts total?
$130 delivered.
Problem is , the bulbs are all white so I added a third fixture with actinic LEDs to give the tank some pop.

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
This is a pic of my tank. It's actually my sump for my 560. But the center section is packed with plants I've had for years.

uploadfromtaptalk1386027580000.jpg

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
What was the deal with using a RayII again? Was that too much light and you think the Fugeray would be better? I forget out previous conversations lol
Yes, you're right Chris. The par for the rayII and sat+ would definitely put me into high tech w/co2. The new finnex light is an updated fugeray just for planted tanks. Found out about the new lights based on your recommendation to check out tpt :)

Even though the new finnex just came out, still no par data for tall tanks. I'm trying to hold out for the new current/ecoxotic light because it comes with an inline ramp timer with automated ramp and moonlight and remote. No par for tall tanks yet and prices should be the same as the sat+. Any thoughts on updating my fert regimen? I'm still using pps pro w root tabs. Info the new current light is here http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=470401

Cheers,
Laurie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store