Weird snail ID

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
So I can't really get a picture because it would just look like a brown lump.

I got 3 of them from my LFS for free, as they came with a shipment of nerite snails. They look like nerites underneath, but their shells are tiny and flat, and almost look like half of a small mussel if viewed from above. They look more marine than fresh to me, but they've been in my swamp for about a month and are still going.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Limpets? I had them before.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ I'm guessing its one of those other nerite snails, that looks a little like a limpet / abalone... they have almost what seems like a half shell, rather than a shell like snail correct?

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
^ I'm guessing its one of those other nerite snails, that looks a little like a limpet / abalone... they have almost what seems like a half shell, rather than a shell like snail correct?
Yeah totally! It looks a lot like a nerite in a half-shell.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Then Im pretty sure they are just another type of nerite snail... I used to have a few but they seemed to keep flipping over and committing suicide so i gave up on them in my tanks...

They are cool in their own right, but as i said, for me personally, they kept flipping over for some reason so i gave up on them...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Turtle nerite snail?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
You have pics? Sounds kinda cool

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store