MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
One of my tanks is now stocked for the most part with:

5x clown loaches (2")
3x silver dollars (3")
2x Amur catfish (3.5")
6x black neon tetras (1")

I am planning to add another school of tetras and two other fish. I searched through some lfs's today and have my mind on this list in particular for the two other fish. I am wondering which of these could be most compatible with my current stock:

Green Severum
Fire mouth cichlid
Leopard ctenopma
Super red dragon cichlid
Geophagos tapajos
If none of the above, similar suggestions?

I also need to know about feeding these fish. I am currently feeding bloodworms to everything but the tetras, who are eating flakes. I do not have any small pellets left so I need to order some new pellets and I would like to know what pellets, or other good would be good to accommodate as many of my fish as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Go with the severum or get a green terror.
Almost all of my fish get a diet of nls pellets and blackworms. It works really well and all of my fish love it.

MitchFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Go with the severum or get a green terror.
Almost all of my fish get a diet of nls pellets and blackworms. It works really well and all of my fish love it.
Thanks for the answer. I am leaning toward 1 green Severum and 1 leopard ctenopma. Anyone have any ideas as to why these wouldn't work together or with the rest of my stock?

As for the food, I always order nls and I'm fairly certain I will opt for sinking but I am wondering what size pellet would be best for their current size..

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
The neons may wind up as snacks with any of the fish you listed. Safest for the neons is probably the tapajos.

MitchFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
The neons may wind up as snacks with any of the fish you listed. Safest for the neons is probably the tapajos.
I like the tapajos as well but the only one I can get my hands on is roughly 4" now and is quite aggressive even toward convicts of the same size from what I could see in the tank today. I am leaning toward the sev and leopard because both are currently only 2" max and are slow growers from what I have read so hopefully the tetras will be able to avoid them for the time being.

With all this said. I am planning on getting another school or two of tetras. Any recommendations of schools that would be more compatible with the stock I am thinking of? The black neons may end up in another tank if I can get a couple if schools that will work better.

MitchFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
Newfoundland, Canada
Diamond tetras and lemons would both do well and should have sufficient size to avoid being eaten by a adult sev

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I was looking at some lemons today and I do like them but from my understanding these are even smaller then my black neons full grown. Is there another reason they ay survive better? I also contacted someone online who was selling 6x odessa barbs at around 3". I can get a pretty good deal and I think these would work fairly well with my stock as they are a little bigger. I think I am going to pick up the leopard and sev tomorrow after work.

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
They are relatively the same size with lemons slightly larger.they'd do better because the are deeper bodied and not as thin

Sent from my VS840 4G

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Diamond, bleeding heart and congos would all be good choices. I had lemons with a sev and ebjd and quickly had to move them to another tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store