Python vs Aqueon

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
So in your guys experience witch one of these are better The python water changer or the Aqueon, i know alot of you guys swear by the python but is there anyone here who used both? and care to share their experience? Thanks!

Ill be ordering one later tonight so hurry lol!

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have both. I bought my Python about 8 years ago. It was my 2nd one. The first got lost in the divorce. I don't use the siphon pump, I just syphon out the door. I got an Aqueon with the 24" tube with a used tank I bought. I don't have a preference. I use them both, depending on the depth of the tank. I have a friend with an Aqueon with a check flap in it for some reason. I don't remember why, but I thought it was a neucense. Maybe mine had one and the previous owner removed it.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Aqueon is junk, I couldnt tell you how many water flow assembly's I had to replace, I started to buy extras just in case because a lot of my water changes are done at night when all the stores are closed. The hose is very stiff as well and kinks up easily.

I just got a new Python with the brass fitting, much nicer. I had one back in the day when you could buy them from stores, I got mine off of Amazon.

mopani

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2012
Earth
I have both as I got them both with tanks deals, I use the aquareon because that is the first one I got, we're can I get the brass fitting y'all are talking about

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have both as I got them both with tanks deals, I use the aquareon because that is the first one I got, we're can I get the brass fitting y'all are talking about

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Any hardware store.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

m8r8j

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2008
Ipswich, MA
Any hardware store.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
i bought the ones at hardware stores and they arent as good as the aqueon one.. let me find a link

here you go: http://www.petstore.com/aqueon-brass-faucet-adapter?1=1&utm_source=adwordsfroogle&utm_medium=pscse&utm_campaign=adwordsfroogle&utm_content=XO06158&gclid=COK7hpfLlLsCFU_NOgodTE8APA

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
A hose. A non kink hose works better then the aqueon lol my buddy has it and doesn't stop complaining about the things people have already mentioned.

I just use a hose, to a big container (30 gallon cooler) then treat the water before pumping it into the 70.. other way around, I pump it right out my window. A LOT cheaper then either python or aqueon

I've heard great things about pythons though, so I would for sure go with that over the aqueon

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store