Fish as gifts...

csolo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
I was talking to a co-worker today and he mentioned that his kid wants a couple seahorses for xmas. Even tho he's never had a saltwater tank and his kid as far as I know has never had a tank of any kind, he's still going to try and make it happen. He even admits that they are probably going to die shortly after. So hes planning on getting a 5-10gal tank for this, if he can even find seahorses locally. I tried explaining about keeping salinity levels just right and smaller tanks are more difficult for saltwater etc.
The reason I bring this up...is because it pisses me off! I get that he wants to make his kid happy but...wow. I even offered to set him up with some of the small cichlids I'm breeding but his mind is set on this seahorse idea. Sad that one or two cool seahorses will die due to blatant stupidity. People drive me crazy.

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
I can not stand it either. I suppose the kid you are talking about is one of those that get anything they want? That is ridiculous. Buying it KNOWING you will probably kill it.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store