New IT

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Ordered this little guy from affordable pet solutions and couldn't be happier. He came to me stable in the bag! Always wanted one and he is my first. Any advice or help IDing this little beauty would be awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,nice on both sides,pretty good since it sounds like you didn't pick it out yourself...It's an indo,IT,microlepis.

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
No i didnt pick him out. I have never seen one for sale in my area. He was the last one they had at that size.

Seems like he has been picking up food from the bottom but havent seen him take anything as it falls. Any suggestions on food for a guy this small (2").

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What foods do you think he's been picking up?...Try to stick with feeding him sinking pellets until he readily takes them and if possible,no feeders.

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Yeah there medium nls pellets. My juvi peacocks wont eat them though. They inhale then then spit them out. Weird because they were killing a pellet i used called new era, they are a soft pellet though. Was told to use nls because they're the "best".

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You'll have to research and decide for yourself what's best.NLS and Hakari are probably the two most popular brands among members of this site and are probably half and half in terms of who thinks which is better.

felixxx

Candiru
MFK Member
May 9, 2010
england
Hopefully this doesn't turn into another nls vs hikari thread! I have used both and prefer nls although my uaru has recently started refusing to take them.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Wow you got a 3 bar w/o even specifying? Thats legit! Cute lil guy

With my IT i found that leopard ctenopoma is an AWESOME teacher for these guys, mine literally had my dat eating pellets 3 days after i got him. Now he stuffs himself with hikari cichlid gold and frozen bloodworms. Youll really enjoy that guy, my dat is quickly becoming one of my favs

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store