Baby arowana?

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
Hey guys my LFS is selling 2 inch arowanas maybe smaller WITHOUT YOLK SACKS if I buy it will it survive? They look healthy

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Sure Start it in a 10 gallon tank. With slow current. And make are there are no gaps for it to jump out. Start it on live brine shrimp or bloodworms to get it eating great. Then switch over to freeze dried once the fish is stable and eating well. When they're that small the ones I raised to monsters, I didn't really do water change I just topped off water evap every couple days. If you do water change to small ones in a small tank. 5-10% a week.

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
Sure Start it in a 10 gallon tank. With slow current. And make are there are no gaps for it to jump out. Start it on live brine shrimp or bloodworms to get it eating great. Then switch over to freeze dried once the fish is stable and eating well. When they're that small the ones I raised to monsters, I didn't really do water change I just topped off water evap every couple days. If you do water change to small ones in a small tank. 5-10% a week.
How long will it take to be a monster how much will it grow a month?

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Normally the little aros don't make it long, I suggest putting in the extra money to buy a larger one.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Is everyone clueless?
No, just those that have failed to do any research before buying such a fish.

How long will it take to be a monster how much will it grow a month?

And it looks like you have alot of research that needs to be done BEFORE buying.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store