how can we make asian arowanas legal?

philhawk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2006
bellevue, ne
i was just looking for some thoughts on how we could use our numbers to start petitions or letter writing campaign to a senators to make asian arowanas legal in the united states. either by permit only or anything.

what are the current concerns with them in america? are there any legitimate reasons to dissallow their import?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Their endangered...we can only dream. Or move to Asia like Ewurm mentioned...maybe even Canada, eh.

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
you can make them legal by re-establishing populations in the wild to numbers sufficient to have them removed as a protected species.

i wish you luck in this endeavor

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
benzjamin13;702031; said:
Their endangered...we can only dream. Or move to Asia like Ewurm mentioned...maybe even Canada, eh.
Yeah eh, that sounds great.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Move to Aisia and Name your house "The United States" :D sorry I am on one tonight and it doesn't seem to be slowing down :)

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
philhawk;702051; said:
the information that ive seen is that they are being very sucessfuly breed in farms in asia.
Even though they are being successfully being bred on farms, these farms aren't helping the wild population stock. Their thinking is, "Why release an Arowana to help restock wild population? There's no money in that. Let's just sell them instead." As long as they are on the CITES list, they're not going to be available anytime soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store