My 265

slicktoppomp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2013
San Diego
Hi everyone. I signed up on this site a little while back and never was able to get rolling on my tank. Hopefully soon I can get this thing going. Not sure what i'm going to stock with. Always liked African Cichlids so i'm probably going to go with that. Still not sure what type either. Thought I would just share my tank and get any input from you all with regards to filtration and substrate and all that good stuff. Anyways here she is. Finally was able to get my stand about 85% done. Still got to build my door panels and paint the sucker.
gury9ame.jpge4uju9a6.jpg2aqaba4y.jpgapyre5yn.jpgegyhepu5.jpgtuda6y2a.jpgsyrune4u.jpgaderenyn.jpg5ety9asa.jpga4y8uhe4.jpg2ujy7uha.jpgytu9y7a4.jpgse7ebasy.jpgusa2a2y2.jpgpejupu4a.jpgubere7u7.jpggabu4u8u.jpg

gury9ame.jpg

ubere7u7.jpg

pejupu4a.jpg

usa2a2y2.jpg

se7ebasy.jpg

ytu9y7a4.jpg

2ujy7uha.jpg

a4y8uhe4.jpg

5ety9asa.jpg

aderenyn.jpg

syrune4u.jpg

tuda6y2a.jpg

egyhepu5.jpg

apyre5yn.jpg

2aqaba4y.jpg

e4uju9a6.jpg

gabu4u8u.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The stand looks like it's going to be really nice...Africans?....how about some Frontosa or a Tropheus colony?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Looking great already Raul! Looking forward to see it stocked and 'scaped.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Stand is looking good.

slicktoppomp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2013
San Diego
Thanks guys! I do really like Frontosas and Tropheus idea. I guess i never really looked around locally to see if there are some decent breeders near by. My LFS has a decent selection on Peacocks that why I was leaning towards that. I'm hoping to have this tank see water by at least January.

slicktoppomp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2013
San Diego
Well big day for me today that I've waited to see for the better part of a year. I have the tank on the stand filled with water. Making sure my stand doesn't fall apart and going to start toying with a PVC overflow and the rest of the plumbing. Time for pics. That's my buddy standing by the tank for height reference.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1386978845.371856.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1386978863.663634.jpg

slicktoppomp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2013
San Diego
So went to home depot to experiment with pvc overflows. I built one out of 1 1/4" and that seemed to flow really well so I think im going to build 2 of those and that should over flow pretty well. Planning on getting some aqulifter pumps. One for each overflow to continually remove any air that may get trapped in the overflows. The stand is holding up really well with the full tank but just for peice of mind im going to add a few gussets for extra lateral strength. Today was a great day for me! Got my tank on my stand, started working on my filter and overflows and found out I passed all my classes this semester. Good times :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store