help my florida gar!!!

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
hey guys my water parameters are perfect, my tank is 55gallons, my gar is 11 inches, im getting an upgraded tank very soon, but i need your help. my florida gar (not every day) gets INSANE AND CRAZY!!! and SPAZEZ out twitching his snout, opening and closing its mouth, swimming like crazy, running into glass, and almost jumping out the tank (thank god for my hood). he just did it now and now he is laying on the sand like nothing happened idk what they hell is wrong or why he does this...no tank mates bother him and no tank mates dont do the slightest similar actions as he does. his tank mates are water cow, rhino pleco, red hook silver dollar, and teacup stingray.:cry:IMG_20131209_201047.jpgScreenshot_2013-12-06-12-35-40.png

IMG_20131209_201047.jpg

Screenshot_2013-12-06-12-35-40.png

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Does he do it right after eating? Sometimes they will do that to clean crumbs out of their teeth - but it could be an external parasite irritating him also. Not much to do other than keep an eye on him.

You have some fish that like soft, low pH water in that tank - Gars are not suitable for low pH.

Your saying that the water parameters are "PERFECT" only applies to a certain extent - for example: the pH in a tank is good for only some fish and not all.

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
Does he do it right after eating? Sometimes they will do that to clean crumbs out of their teeth - but it could be an external parasite irritating him also. Not much to do other than keep an eye on him.

You have some fish that like soft, low pH water in that tank - Gars are not suitable for low pH.

Your saying that the water parameters are "PERFECT" only applies to a certain extent - for example: the pH in a tank is good for only some fish and not all.
No he does this at random I will be on my computer and I here a sploosh in the water and what fish are soft? I believe the pH is rite good not to high not to low

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Parasites do not go away on their own, no - but until you know what's going on, you don't want to treat the tank.

What IS your pH ? I believe the last 3 fish on your list prefer lower pH - somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.
The other two like neutral water.

What is the temp ?

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
Parasites do not go away on their own, no - but until you know what's going on, you don't want to treat the tank.

What IS your pH ? I believe the last 3 fish on your list prefer lower pH - somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.
The other two like neutral water.

What is the temp ?
I will check pH now and the temperature is always at 80+ around 82 or 83 mostly

bryan.u159

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2013
United States
Wow pH says 6.0 I'm going to try to test again maybe its wrong. That's super soft im so dumb for neglecting this

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store