Best Bang For Your Buck UV Sterilizer?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey Everyone, working on the life-support system for the 220... by working basically putting together a list of needs as well as prices as I do research. I've heard of uv sterilizers in saltwater however I never used them. So basically I would like to know what uv sterilizer you use as well as how effective it is, maintenance, installation (easy or a challenge)...etc.

Thanks A Million

swedeboy78

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2011
My crib
I love mine, I have a 55W Laguna on my 600 and I wouldn't run a ray tank without one. Just change the bulb once a year and clean the sleeve, that's all I do.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I love mine, I have a 55W Laguna on my 600 and I wouldn't run a ray tank without one. Just change the bulb once a year and clean the sleeve, that's all I do.

I wouldn't run a tank without one that phrase sounds like someone else I know oh yes it was me lol

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
Hey Everyone, working on the life-support system for the 220... by working basically putting together a list of needs as well as prices as I do research. I've heard of uv sterilizers in saltwater however I never used them. So basically I would like to know what uv sterilizer you use as well as how effective it is, maintenance, installation (easy or a challenge)...etc.

Thanks A Million
i agree and wouldn't run a ray tank without it.
I am using a Wlim wave 25w. You want it sized properly for the flow rate and tank size as well as stock if you are wanting to use it for more than water clarity.we have a member here that can help with sizing :)

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
Also agree that they're essential. I'm running an Aqua UV 25w and I'm happy with it.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Good UVs are not cheap. Cheap UVs are not good.

Don't waste your money on junk like "terrible twists".

IF you can't afford a decent one run without till you can afford a decent one.

Wlim, Aqua UV, and TMC seem to be the best choices......

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Good UVs are not cheap. Cheap UVs are not good.

Don't waste your money on junk like "terrible twists".

IF you can't afford a decent one run without till you can afford a decent one.

Wlim, Aqua UV, and TMC seem to be the best choices......
I'm looking at going with UV. What makes these your brands of choice? I was leaning towards Aqua myself. What is wrong with the twist tubes? The concept makes sense to me.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey thanks everyone I will look the models up now. I assume the flow rates as well as watts recommended will be in product details however is there a certain amount of watts recommended per gallon for keeping stingrays?

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
contact kendragon (a member here) for the correct uv at a great price..he sells wlim products and understands water..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store