Some courtship goin on...

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
I shot this video last night, my male hystrix was trying to get something going with my ocellata (aparicio). I think he could use some practice, he didn't get very far as you can see. She did have a pretty good bite mark on the bottom of her disc though. Must've been something with the water, later I saw my severums locking lips which I've never seen before in the 2 years I've had them.

[video=youtube_share;fIspVhZis38]http://youtu.be/fIspVhZis38[/video]

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
I was wondering the same thing but I can't see any movement... She eats like a pig though. Just can't tell for sure.

there is almost no doubt in my mind that is a prego ray.... she may be close to giving birth and that is why he is doing that.
was there any mature rays in with her about 100-120 days ago ? :)

edit:
Its funny you mention something funny in the water. because i noticed my geos were locking lips yesterday and my armatus was killing all my silver dollars and rays were getting a little frisky! :)

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
I just took this pic. She looked pregnant but I didn't want to get my hopes up. Haven't seen any movement cause she's very active. Has been with the hystrix who has been mature for a while. Curious to see how the pups would look.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1386798648.842709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Defenitely pregnant, looks like 2-4 pups to me. Congrats!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store