Whats wrong with this coral?

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
IMG_0374.jpg

My cousin sent me this plate coral as well just now...wish he would be a member as it reminds me that I should jump back into salt lol.

The far right side of this plate coral looks strange...do you guys think its a concern?

I told him that he should bring his water to get checked tomorrow hopefully and to get it checked for every possible test lol to better assist the situation as like with the hammer coral I put up..then again he never has luck with hammers.

IMG_0374.jpg

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
His water is great except for the salt which was low at 1.020 and the calcium was really high.

He said he will raise the salt however could that have been the problem?

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Yes, the salinity could be the problem. 1.020 would be safe for fish only but for corals and invert it needs to be 1.025
Calcium being to high should not cause the tissue to recede but if the calcium and alkalinity are not kept in balance the calcium will start to precipitate out of solution, It can literally look like its snowing it the aquarium.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Hey everyone, everything is still in check and the coral is living still. Does it take long for this condition to recover?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store