I've been keeping fish for 33 years, and i've determined the best food on the market.

Note: this is not meant as a slag against any other brand, because as much as I am a filter junkie, i am a fish food junkie! And you should feed (as much as you can) your fish a variety of fresh, frozen and processed foods to keep them happy and healthy.

Ok, i'm no rocket scientist, nor have I done any nutritional analysis, nor have I studied any of my fish, past or present under the microscope, but i'm going to give you a seat of the pants observation.

This food:

IMG-20131212-00370.jpg

Is the best food i've come across.

Hey, don't get me wrong Hikari and New Life Spectrum and a whole wide range of foods are fantastic. I use them.

My point is, in terms of seeing my fish over 33 years be happy, and well fed and eager? This food does it.

I'll put it to you this way, if I had to pick ONE brand of fish food AND ONE type of food from that company for the rest of my fish keeping days (hopefully another 50 years God willing), i'd pick these pellets. I've fed them to my Goldfish and to my Cichlids. Fish love the darn things.

Having said that, this is a selection of what I feed:

IMG-20130816-00196.jpg

IMG-20131212-00370.jpg

IMG-20130816-00196.jpg

Bichisaur

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
Maryland
So you're feeding a saltwater fish food to a fresh water fishes?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I've used it before on many occasions, it is good stuff. I've also fed it a varity of fish in past not one of wich was a SW species.

So you're feeding a saltwater fish food to a fresh water fishes?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I wouldn't get hung up on the SW designation. It works well on all applications, unless my real-world, "in the field", "on the front lines" testing is not representative of what would happen with another fish keeper. But as you see with the post above, its not just me. :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It was my staple flake food when I was keeping African cichlids.

It was my staple flake food when I was keeping African cichlids.
Indeed. Africans go crazy for it. Its got a good protein signature, nothing that will cause problems.

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
They don't make a "monster pellet" though right? I believe this is what has kept me from using it. When you have larger fish that range from 8-20" with large mouths and aggressive appetites, tiny pellets won't work.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store