Pike with two bodies?

hamster

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
Ipswich England
I don't see how a fish like that could live to the size it is. I really doubt it's real.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Look at the head its pure photoshop. No way would that fish have survived to get that size with a major defect like that.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
The head of small pike is hiding under the gill cover of big pike.

Hom3yboy22

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2013
South Florida
At first glance, one could believe it's true. But with a closer inspection, I'd have to agree it's a smaller pike just stuffed in the gill of a big one. I also thought about the probability of a fish with this mutation surviving. And I've never once in my life hard or read of a mutations of two bodies and one head. Two heads one body...yes. two heads, two bodies conjoined... yes. But one head? Cool picture tho

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
Could this mutation happen, yes without a doubt. Could that same fish survive to that size in the wild, no. It cannot swim as fast to avoid predators at a young and small age. And it could not swim fast enough in all the opportunities needed to eat enough to grow. Kept in an aquarium and fed, yes. Wild, no.

Also looks photoshopped as mentioned above.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Looks like the smaller one is shoved inside the big one and also a little touched up in photoshop

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store