Hikari Micro Pellets

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Just curious, has anyone with smaller fish tried this type if pellet?

I saw them today at LFS, and noticed that they seem to have a mix of 3 types of pellets in one to suit all fish...

So wanted to see if anyone has used them and how they compare to NLS 1mm pellets for finicky fish...

Do they help with color at all? Or would NLS be better for color?

Since i got some new community fish which i would love to see if i can bring more color out of them...

Here is a pic for reference...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I've used it for smaller tetras ect. it's not bad but its much smaller than NLS 1mm, more like NLS Grow formula .5mm. However for young fish I would use the NLS over this. For small tetras it isn't bad, I guess.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
I used to feed it to my rams. I switched to nls and their color is much more vibrant. It's a good pellet but nls is better.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I use it for my betta and endlers and like it but haven't tried the nls for comparison.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I used to feed it to my rams. I switched to nls and their color is much more vibrant. It's a good pellet but nls is better.
Thanks for the info everyone...

@festaedan; so you found NLS seemed to bring out your fishes color more so than the hikari micro pellets?

Coz thats what im most curious about...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I go with Xtreme peewee cichlid pellets for my fish. Xtreme community flake for my SAE's and smaller denison barbs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store