Jul 28, 2013
Granbury,Texas
I would like to keep a mixed tank with 1 male and 3 or 4 females of
Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania"
Cyrtocara moori (Blue Dolphin)
Fossorochromis rostratus
Aulonocara stuartgranti (Chiwindi)
And either Aristochromis christyi or Lichnochromis acuticeps
So which one would you pick, the Lichnochromis acuticeps or the Aristochromis christyi?

Robulus153

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
Greenville SC
I seem to be the only responding to you.
The acuticeps are harder to find but a much calmer fish, for that reason alone i would go with it. I love the way it looks and will own some personally in the future. The aristochromis is cool looking but they can put fish almost their own size in there mouth. I've seen photos where they try and eat fish their own size and end up choking and killing the prey fish. That could be a problem with your breeder females and or other fish. I always wanted to try an aristochomis but would make sure its the smallest fish, so i dont have to deal with the possible lost of fish.

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
I had a 9" male Lichnochromis accuticeps in my all male/peacock tank a few months ago but unfortunately died of bloat on me. They are definitely cool fish but can be stressed very easily. They are not aggressive at all and get pushed around very easily. They also don't color up very easily unless they are the dominant fish in the tank or are in a species tank. They are probably even more timid than the phenochilus tanzanias. I heard the christyi's are also a non aggressive fish except when they can eat fish close to their size. Never had one but thinking of picking one up in the future. I know someone that has juveniles but just waiting for a confirmed male. The fossos will be your most aggressive fish once they mature. Had a 12" male a year ago that died of old age. In his prime he was very aggressive. Had to take him out for time outs several times, but it didn't really help him calm down much.

matt121966

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2013
Toledo, Ohio
have you ordered from Dave's ???

my tank is still in the build stage, but want to order from Dave.

If you have your order, can you send a photo ???

KevinH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2012
New Jersey
I just found out about Dave's yesterday, looks like a great site with tons of F1's, think I'll be ordering soon

Sent from my C5170 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store