arapaima info

srwild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2013
socorro, nm
to others that keep arapaima i would like to know the average growth rate of arapaima as info is rare on them, also has any one handfed them?

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
:popcorn:

I would first make sure you have a huge tank/pond ready

srwild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2013
socorro, nm
yes, 7+k gal. as for the hand feeding my pima after having it for two weeks is accepting food from my hand. it as of now is 7 inches and was 6 inches when i got it.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
yes, 7+k gal. as for the hand feeding my pima after having it for two weeks is accepting food from my hand. it as of now is 7 inches and was 6 inches when i got it.
Wow 7000g plus have any pics? must have cost alot to build, is the tiny pima in the 7000g right now?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Wow 7000g plus have any pics? must have cost alot to build, is the tiny pima in the 7000g right now?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Yeah, don't just come on here and say you've got a 7k gallon tank/pond without showing us. I guarantee you everybody is way more interested in that than your juvie pima.

srwild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2013
socorro, nm
city ordinance will not allow any in-ground body of water that big so it has to be a pool, also he is in a isolation tank till spring.
and i plan on moving out of town in the next 3 years and setting it up a pond with a foot print that is 75 feet by 45 feet and is 20 feet deep.

srwild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2013
socorro, nm
also i want to start an arapaima farm in the future to help the local economy and the declining fish stock world wide.

kavin2845

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2012
Malden,Massachusetts
city ordinance will not allow any in-ground body of water that big so it has to be a pool, also he is in a isolation tank till spring.
and i plan on moving out of town in the next 3 years and setting it up a pond with a foot print that is 75 feet by 45 feet and is 20 feet deep.
then whats the point of getting a pima, when you know your gonna leave in 3 years? i hope you realize the dimensions you just listed is a 504,935 gallons, what else are you planning to stock! HAHA

Bro i doubt you even have a pima, your just wasting time trying to fool us

srwild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2013
socorro, nm
why pick on people, grow up and leave others alone. in fact if you don't leave me alone i will report you to the site admin for harassment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store