240 and 220 Gallon Aquariums

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I finally bought another tank, a 220 yesterday 6x2x30 for $350 with a stand, rocks, etc. Was $500 so a good deal.

I bought two filters, Jebo 839's for $90 each at 400GPH. I wanted a FX5 or FX6 but am trying to make this on a tight budget. I also got a 500 watt Jebo heater for $23.

So for now I have the 220 filled up, I need to clean it a couple times before I put the filters on next week when they arrive. All the garbage has settled on the rocks finally so it will be easy to clean.

I also have 6x Beamsworks LED's on their way here now for both tanks.

I went to Indianapolis today, hit up 5 Uncle Bill's and The Reef. I bought a RTM male for $60 at 8" which was $75, a 13" Royal Pleco for $69 at UB, 6" Polleni for $25 which was $71 at UB, and a Syn for $25 which was $69 at UB. I made out well today.

Only one I didn't go to was the Uncle Bill's in Fort Wayne, too far of a drive. There is another LFS is Southern Indianapolis but I forgot all about till I was halfway home.

As of right now all the fish are in the 240 and the Argentia is being a bully. If he doesn't cool off when I toss him in the 220 I may sell him, hate too but he is putting marks on most of my fish and he absolutely hates the Oscar and the Oscar doesn't mess with a soul. I should have bought it but I passed when I found the Royal Pleco, I found a 5 Spot Jewel Cichlid, first one I have ever seen, about 5".

Stocklist:

1x Royal Pleco
1x Adonis Pleco
1x Goldy Pleco
1x Polleni Male Big Spot
1x Polleni Female Small Spot
1x Polleni (Not sure on spot yet) may sell it to my buddy
1x Oscar
1x Red Tiger Motaguense Male
1x Argentia
1x Syspilum
3x Eclipse Cats
1x Green Texas - May trade it in towards Festae
1x Hartwegi (I think)
1x Clown Loach
1x Bocourti

I'm picking up:

1x Blackbelt
2x Haiti's (Breeding Pair) Will be in own tank to do their thing
2x Festae Male
1x Kelberi

I will be splitting these fish up between the tanks to see what fish work together, they all seem to work together except the Argentia.

I'm looking for a big Pearsi, Fire Eel, Regani, Godmanni, Beani, Gibbiceps, Zonatus, Fenestratus, female Festae, maybe True Parrot and a pike I will probably never find again, Xingu I. Ever since mine jumped out, I've never seen another. :cry:

I'm not doing any rays, I like the Eclipse Cats and will take a big Juruense if I find one.

Sucks not having a 500, I'm limited in my stock, for now. This list will change as it always does until I get compatible fish like I had in the 500.

Skurj

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2013
GTA Ontario Canada
hmm mebbe I need to take a road trip to indy.. I like what your lfs have in stock..

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Fish selection wasn't so great this time around. First 4 places I didn't buy anything. It's a hit or miss, 2 hour drive for me, but it was worth it today. I left a large marble goby, water cow, sleeper goby and a 5 spot jewel fish.

letstalkfish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2013
Nomad
I was at the reef today too, and it was pretty disappointing. They didn't have much.

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I was at the reef today too, and it was pretty disappointing. They didn't have much.
A lot of their fish had ich...

They do have a great deal on the breeding pair of Dovi for $189 if anyone is interested.

cjdesmit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
USA, Indiana
I visit The Reef regularly as I live in the Broad Ripple area. That male RTM has been there for a while, great looking fish and a good pick-up! The pair of Dovi are awesome as well, the male is a BEAST. I believe they have spawned a few times since they were brought in a month or so ago.

They get their fish shipments in on Thursdays, so that is usually when I swing by there. They offer a pretty good deal where if you show up Thursday and the fish are still bagged, you get 30% off the price.

UB can be pretty hit or miss. Which location/s did you buy fish from?

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I visit The Reef regularly as I live in the Broad Ripple area. That male RTM has been there for a while, great looking fish and a good pick-up! The pair of Dovi are awesome as well, the male is a BEAST. I believe they have spawned a few times since they were brought in a month or so ago.

They get their fish shipments in on Thursdays, so that is usually when I swing by there. They offer a pretty good deal where if you show up Thursday and the fish are still bagged, you get 30% off the price.

UB can be pretty hit or miss. Which location/s did you buy fish from?
Greenwood is my favorite, they usually have a lot of mixed cichlids in the big tank. I got the Pleco from Fischers UB. They cut deals on fish as well. I usually find fish that are not marked correctly and I snatch them up and use as trade here in my area. UB had 2 Rose Queen's for cheap, like $5 or so, but marked as Pink Convicts, I got a good trade in deal :)

cjdesmit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
USA, Indiana
Yeah Greenwood has been the "best" UB location in my experience as well. However they are notorious for having fish mislabeled as you mentioned. Their stock can also be in pretty rough shape..

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Yeah Greenwood has been the "best" UB location in my experience as well. However they are notorious for having fish mislabeled as you mentioned. Their stock can also be in pretty rough shape..
Yea very, the Syn I got thou we was fine. They didn't have many fish in their big tank this around but usually it's packed. I will go back in about 6 months or so.

On a side note, my small spot para died this am. I noticed her the past two days not eating, her mouth wasn't closed as she was swimming, reminded me of the duck lips but it didn't seem bad. I told myself I need to treat her but it was too late :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store