im wondering, did i bought the right fish?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
i saw some weird fish at an lfs last week, and tht elephant fish and black ghost knife fish caught my eye. tht elephant fish sold about rm36.90(10$) and tht black ghost knife fish at 3" for rm6.90(2$). ive nver kept them before but they look really cool ! :D but i bought an endli instead for rm25.90(7$) . lol ! after looking at some fish online, i saw tht elephant fish sold for about 35$ and tht black ghost knife fish for 16$ which is about rm100 and rm60 respectively using our money ! oh my, look at the difference between the price at our lfs. damn:duh: should i feel regret buying tht endli? what are your opinions?
i also saw some albino gg for about rm10(4$) and some oscars(lemons, albino tigers and tigers) for rm9.90(3$) . can u believe it ?! man i should've go to tht lfs a long time ago.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Prices for fish naturally vary from country to country depending on how easy they are to import or collect locally...

For example i own panda loaches that i paid as little as HKD $50 (approx USD $6-7) for 4 of them... But online i've seen them go for as much as £200 British pounds...

So at the end of the day, keep what you like and can house properly and dont worry about price tags unless its for a fish you want to buy and cant afford or find :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Miah123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
Leeds, UK
Usually i dont think about price, if the fish is in good quality and shape then yeah its worth paying a bit extra for a fish you want.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Prices for fish naturally vary from country to country depending on how easy they are to import or collect locally...

For example i own panda loaches that i paid as little as HKD $50 (approx USD $6-7) for 4 of them... But online i've seen them go for as much as £200 British pounds...

So at the end of the day, keep what you like and can house properly and dont worry about price tags unless its for a fish you want to buy and cant afford or find :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
ohh, is tht soo. i've always wanted to buy fish online, especially flowerhorns. but after i saw the price differences i changed my mind, and tht does not include shipment price. O.O and thank you for the feedback. :) and yeah, i dont even have experiences on the elephant and ghost knife fish. lol probably the endli is my perfect buy.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Usually i dont think about price, if the fish is in good quality and shape then yeah its worth paying a bit extra for a fish you want.
yeah, i think tht too. the fish's condition is the most important. for example, my oscar. i picked him becuz he is the only tht response to my hand back in the lfs. lol but im also wary at the price tag. but, mostly i dont really consider to pay extra for a fish even though it's healthy. even in the same country, some people price tagged their fish high. by tht, i would always search for the best price tht i could.

jhc7685

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2013
SoCal
Your LFS prices is pretty cheap. And most prices online are more expensive than what I can get at my LFS too.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Your LFS prices is pretty cheap. And most prices online are more expensive than what I can get at my LFS too.
i know right ?! :) and also tht time, i asked them for a redtailed catfish, but it was out of stock. i asked the price and they said, rm16 which is $4 ! oh my, i saw online sold for 50$. multiply 3.8 if transferred to our money, and tht's about rm200. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store