Help with Potamotrygon Pearls

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
Problem Im having
1) I got two Pearl´s male and female with 5-6 inches, today I´ve noticed that my male has a white fungi look a like at the end of his tail. Im not sure if it´s something to be worried about because it´s my first time keeping rays.

Water Conditions
2) Test kits from Nutrafin Test

3) Old and New are all the same:
Ph — 7.2
Ammonia — 0 (Clear test tube)
Nitrite — 0 - 0.1
Nitrate — 0

4) Water temperature = 28 Celsius

5) 20% 2 Weeks

Tank Set Up info
6)Substrate = JBL Sansibar White

7) Tanks been set up since June

8) Two oxygen "stones"

9)Last time tank was cleaned was on Monday. Rays went in on tuesday. Sand was only put on monday.

10)Tank size is 100 liters (25 gallons) 80cm (length) x 40cm (height) x 30cm (width)
This tank is only to train the rays to eat prawn and whole fish before going in to the 720 liter aquarium (190 gallons)

11) Tetra EX 1200

Tankmates and General Info
12) 15cm fire eel (5 inches)

13) Got them on yesterday and still didn´t fed them because I don´t like to feed the fish on the first day so can acclimate with the minimum stress possible.

14)Since tuesday

15 and 16) One male and One female, the male is the one with the possible issue. Don´t know their age but they´re 5-6 inches in diameter.

Video of the aquarium and the rays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8LeaZUid0&feature=youtu.be

[video=youtube;Bg8LeaZUid0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8LeaZUid0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Picture:

IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6690.jpg

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
Like I said they´re in a small tank so I can try to get them used to other types of food such as prawns and whole fish. When they´re already eating what my other fish are eating i´ll pass them to my 190 gallon

burbon44s

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2012
milwaukee
Put them in the big tank now.
Too small of a tank will stress them and they won't eat.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Put them in the big tank now.
Too small of a tank will stress them and they won't eat.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
+1

I would get them out of that 25 gallon ASAP. The water is going to go to crap in the blink of an eye with 3 rays in there making matters worse. Target feed them if need be in the larger tank.

Let me ask you this. Why not take your other fish out of the larger tank and stuff them in the 25 gallon?

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
They´re just 2 rays and I just fed them and they ate well. Wouldn't it be better to wait until the male gets better and then move them because would´t they possibly stress out and die more easily with 2 aquarium changes in one week??

cephalofoil

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2013
landlocked.
They´re just 2 rays and I just fed them and they ate well. Wouldn't it be better to wait until the male gets better and then move them because would´t they possibly stress out and die more easily with 2 aquarium changes in one week??
I think the amount of waste they produce in that small amount of water is worse for them in the long run. I would move them, if they're stressed at least the volume of water in the 190 will slow down the deterioration of the water quality and help with overall health.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store