want to know about datnoids..

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Not hard. Mine eat market shrimp, cut up tilapia fillet, night crawlers, and will occasionally take pellets.

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Picked up mime about 2 months ago. I have him with a Jack Dempsey, jaguar, red texas/midas. He gets along fine except with my little jaguar. He try to stand up to the jaguar but backs down quick. But for the most part is chill. Mine immediately ate nls pellets his first day home and is not shy at all. Bought him at lfs for $35 which is kind of high but it very in each state.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
They can be delicate when under 4". They are prone to get ick if temp is too low. It's best to keep dats at 82F when under 4". Try to get them trained to eat non live food ASAP. You will not appreciate a dat until you see how nice a 15-18" dat would look

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
They can be delicate when under 4". They are prone to get ick if temp is too low. It's best to keep dats at 82F when under 4". Try to get them trained to eat non live food ASAP. You will not appreciate a dat until you see how nice a 15-18" dat would look
For sure. Thanks. I have it set at 78 right now. I tried to feed it bloodworms but he doesn't want it. Just straight pellets. But I will tell you that sucker is quick to get the pellets. My friend has a 7-8in datnoid. Looks beautiful. Are they fast growers?

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Slow is an understatement lol

On a serious note, they are slow growers but it depends on the dats. I have 5 dats who were bought in mid August 2012 at 2" now three are 7" and the other two are 4".
I have 10 IT, 1 NTT and one Polota. All eat just about anything. Better to get them off live food. Sooner the better ;)
Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store