Looks like white tank treatment to me

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I don't get it, the first part he says he has the fish and its established, then right after he says it will not last long and will be coming in this weeks shipment... so what is the deal, does the seller even have the fish!?

And, with the way the pics look, it all just seems too fishy to be worth messing with..

I have this guy in my facility in Jakarta. It is 5 inches long so it is well established. It will not last long and will be coming in on this week's shipment

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
It.is at his fishermans warehouse in jakara. usually his stuff is legit but it does seems risky. I'd rather see it setup and established before I'd buy it. He usually brings fish in and sends them right back out. He is a great source for rare fish. Puss him off and he will never deal with you. I'm sure he is banned from here?

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
It.is at his fishermans warehouse in jakara. usually his stuff is legit but it does seems risky. I'd rather see it setup and established before I'd buy it. He usually brings fish in and sends them right back out. He is a great source for rare fish. Puss him off and he will never deal with you. I'm sure he is banned from here?

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Didn't even see the vendor the first time I looked. This guy does bring in rare stuff but nothing our great vendors on this site couldn't. To my knowledge he is not on friendly terms with mfk and I've pissed him off in the past and got infractions on that lesser site because of questioning his fish. Regardless of where it is that fish is not a platinum

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
I agree with those who said it looks like a washed out Florida. Platinums are leucistic animals which in my understanding means the lack or reduction of all color, this reduction can be localized to certain areas causing the piebald effect but in the Gar pictured I can see coloration throughout the entire body suggesting to me it's a washed out Florida. Here's a link to tropicals showing the pied effect, the coloration is black on white rather then this fish which still has green/brown coloration and you can see any remaining coloration is localized.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?158421-7-23-Stock-list&highlight=gar

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I agree with those who said it looks like a washed out Florida. Platinums are leucistic animals which in my understanding means the lack or reduction of all color, this reduction can be localized to certain areas causing the piebald effect but in the Gar pictured I can see coloration throughout the entire body suggesting to me it's a washed out Florida. Here's a link to tropicals showing the pied effect, the coloration is black on white rather then this fish which still has green/brown coloration and you can see any remaining coloration is localized.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?158421-7-23-Stock-list&highlight=gar
Those are some nice gars... if i saw a gar like that in person, i know i'd be tempted to pick one up...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store