Any good LFS in Lexington/ Louisville/Cinci?

footballfan

Feeder Fish
Jun 14, 2012
Kentucky
Aquatics and Exotics is a great fish store in Cincinnati,about 2 hours from Lexington They have a ton of fresh and saltwater fish.There address is 7513 Hamilton Ave Cincinnati OH.

footballfan

Feeder Fish
Jun 14, 2012
Kentucky
If you go you should check out the Newport Aquarium.Its a nice public aquarium.The aquarium has some really cool exhibits including alligators,jellyfish and an awesome shark tank with tunnels.
You can get discounted tickets at Kroger and its on the way to Cincinnati.

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
I usually go to Pets Palace in Louisville. Pets Palace and Greentree Pet Center (which is in Clarksville, Indiana) generally have the best variety of fish, of all the stores I've visited.

Dark Rose

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2013
United States
I usually go to Pets Palace in Louisville. Pets Palace and Greentree Pet Center (which is in Clarksville, Indiana) generally have the best variety of fish, of all the stores I've visited.

I'll have to check out that Greentree pet center next time I'm down that way, that's the second time I've heard it recommended.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Aquatics and Exotics, #1 in my book. I'm there about every week, good friends with the owner, Jason. He also builds acrylic aquariums if anyone is interested. http://www.aquaticsandexotics.com/ I built his website as well :)

There is another store down Compton after you leave Aquatics, forget the name. There are usually no prices on the fish, he makes them up as you ask. Has two big tanks for trade-in's, hit or miss as well.

Animal House down the road from Aquatics is hit or miss as well. It smells bad in there with all the dogs :yuck:

Gerber's Saltwater Warehouse in Dayton. Has a ton if fresh and salt but is very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but at times you can talk them down.

Monfort Aquarium in Colerain is so so. They have one big tank, but usually has small Africans.

Jack's Aquarium can be a hit or miss, they do get trade-in's here and there so it may be worth it to visit, there are a few around Cincy, don't bother with the one in Florence. The one off of AA Highway can be hit or miss as well. I visited all the Jacks in Ohio 2 years ago and made out with some nice fish.

World of Pets is good as well, in Florence, KY right off the Turfway exit.

Petsmart, don't bother.

Petco, don't bother.

Just About Fish in Beechmont, OH, hit or miss as well. They have weird hours so I hardly ever get to look because they are always closed. I did get a good deal on some fish because they were sitting on them for a long time.

Planet Pet in Erlanger, KY, I have seen some big fish that come in on trade-in's but nothing lately.

Tyler2012

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2012
cincinnati
Aquatics and Exotics, #1 in my book. I'm there about every week, good friends with the owner, Jason. He also builds acrylic aquariums if anyone is interested. http://www.aquaticsandexotics.com/ I built his website as well :)

There is another store down Compton after you leave Aquatics, forget the name. There are usually no prices on the fish, he makes them up as you ask. Has two big tanks for trade-in's, hit or miss as well.

Animal House down the road from Aquatics is hit or miss as well. It smells bad in there with all the dogs :yuck:

Gerber's Saltwater Warehouse in Dayton. Has a ton if fresh and salt but is very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ but at times you can talk them down.

Monfort Aquarium in Colerain is so so. They have one big tank, but usually has small Africans.

Jack's Aquarium can be a hit or miss, they do get trade-in's here and there so it may be worth it to visit, there are a few around Cincy, don't bother with the one in Florence. The one off of AA Highway can be hit or miss as well. I visited all the Jacks in Ohio 2 years ago and made out with some nice fish.

World of Pets is good as well, in Florence, KY right off the Turfway exit.

Petsmart, don't bother.

Petco, don't bother.

Just About Fish in Beechmont, OH, hit or miss as well. They have weird hours so I hardly ever get to look because they are always closed. I did get a good deal on some fish because they were sitting on them for a long time.

Planet Pet in Erlanger, KY, I have seen some big fish that come in on trade-in's but nothing lately.
the other place on Compton is called wet pets. I haven't been in there for a few months because the guy in there is a bit of a snob. They have mostly saltwater fish and a table full of equipment.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store